We custom make these black belts in Japan to martial arts legends and senseis as well as professional fighters. Thick core black belts are heavier and feel sturdier around your waist. These belts take longer to break and will hold their shape for quite a long time.
You can customize your belt with unique embroideries (billed after checkout, watch video). It takes about 2-3 weeks to produce the plain belt, or 3-4 weeks to make it with embroideries. Our thick core belts are custom made, so we embroider the fabric first and then we make the belt. There will be no trail on the reverse side, but the belt stitch lines will be over the embroidery.
ISAMI F-700 BLACK BELT
- All-time best selling thick core black belt.
- This is the thickest and heaviest of all our belts: it has a premium finish and feels very sturdy around the waist.
- It is 42mm wide and made of 100% cotton (Hachijo Weave) with 9 stitch lines.
ISAMI F-745 & F-747 BLACK BELTS
- Both these belts are based on the top selling F-700 black belt.
- However they are wider (45mm and 47mm) and slightly less stiff/thick than F-700.
- They are especially popular with bigger fighters/instructors who need a belt that will match their large frame.
ISAMI F-400 BLACK BELT
- The Isami F-400 is our basic thick core black belt.
- This is the perfect entry level black belt for martial arts.
- It is made of 100% cotton (Katsuragi & Twill Weave) with 13 stitch lines and measures 42mm wide.
ISAMI BLACK BELT SIZES*
Size 2: 235cm / 92in, Size 3: 255cm / 100in, Size 4: 275cm / 108in, Size 5: 295cm / 116in, Size 6: 310cm / 122in, Size 7: 325cm / 128in, Size 8: 340cm / 134in + Custom Size (you pick the ideal belt length for your body type or taste). *Please allow 2cm/0.8in margin of error due to humidity and shrinkage.
PRODUCTION & SHIPPING
- It takes us approximately 2-3 weeks to custom make your new Isami Thick Core Black Belt exactly the way you want.
- The whole process is handmade and we always have many orders waiting in line.
- But don't worry, we will send you a completion estimate a few days after the order is placed and we guarantee the wait is very much worth it.
- We will custom make the belt you've always dreamed of.
- Custom made black belts cannot be returned or exchanged.
- So please make sure to double check all the details before completing your order.
- Once we start working on the belt, no changes will be accepted. All sales are final.
PRICING & SIZES
- Custom embroideries are charged separately, by email, after we receive your order and calculate the cost.
- Each embroidered character costs USD 4.
- Three embroidery sizes available: 1.5cm (for writing in two lines), 2.5cm (our standard size) and 3.5cm (looks good on 45mm and 47mm wide belts).
- We recommend you calculate beforehand how long the embroidery will be on your belt. So you can ensure the embroidery does not end up inside the knot when the belt is tied.
HOW TO ORDER
- You can either type your custom embroidery request or upload a file (or both).
- Please be as specific as possible and make sure to add [text to embroider] + [color] + [font size] + [font type] + [position on belt].
- If you don't specify [font size] or [font type] or [position on belt], we'll just use our standard specs.
- Some examples: "Tony / Red / 2.5cm / Font C / Position B" or "Tony / Red / 2.5cm / Japanese Font A / Position B".
- We are famous for our one-of-a-kind Japanese embroideries.
- If you already have the Japanese letters you want embroidered, you can either type it or upload a file.
- Otherwise we can provide the translation to Japanese free of charge. So just type the word you want translated (eg. "Courage" or "Mike").
- We can embroider Kanji, Katakana and Hiragana letters.
- For foreign name translations, traditionally we use Katakana letters, which reproduce the sounds.
- If you request [First Name] + [Last Name], there will be a dot in between the two names. This dot also counts as a character.
MARTIAL ART EMBROIDERY
- The martial art styles available in the drop down menu are: Jiu-Jitsu, Karate, Karate-do, Shorin-ryu Karate, Goju-ryu Karate, Shotokan Karate, Shotokan Karate-do, Judo, Kano Judo, Kodokan Judo, Aikido, Kempo.
- If your martial art style is not listed, you can request it as a custom embroidery and either type the characters or upload a doc file or image file.
- There are 22 different embroidery colors for you to choose from. Make sure to check the image with all colors.
GET FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING WHEN YOU ORDER OVER $100+
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to order the gear you need here at ChokeSports.com. That's why we created thresholds depending on where in the world you are...
- Asia: Free Shipping starts at $100
- USA, Canada, Europe, Oceania: Free Shipping starts at $150
- All other countries: Free Shipping starts at $200
Even if your order does not qualify for the free shipping deal, you'll still get great shipping rates starting at only $19.95. During checkout you will have the option to upgrade to Express Delivery for only $7.50 (recommended).
How long does delivery take?
Express Shipping time is only 3-5 work days - sometimes faster! - but not guaranteed. Standard Shipping is 5-10 work days. Our average processing time is 2-5 work days as some items are stored in different warehouses. We process and dispatch orders on regular business days (Mon-Fri) except for national holidays in Japan.
Do you deliver anywhere in the world?
Yes! Here at ChokeSports.com we can ship orders from Japan to virtually any address in the world. As a matter of fact, we have regular customers all across the globe and ship worldwide on a daily basis.
Where are you based?
We pack and ship your order directly from our main warehouse in Saitama, Japan.
Can I track my order?
Yes! After we dispatch your order you will receive automatic delivery updates via email and sms. You can also track the order directly in our site.
Do you offer insurance?
Yes! All orders already include full insurance (even though we have never lost a package in almost 10 years). Shop with confidence!
Are import taxes included in the price?
No. You pay us only for merchandise + shipping. ChokeSports.com orders are shipped from Japan with duties and taxes unpaid. All customs, duties, taxes and brokerage fees have not been pre-paid and you are responsible for paying these at the time of delivery (if there are any). We recommend you contact the local tax authority in your area to find out in advance exactly what taxes need to be paid.